Thursday, September 28, 2006

Hip pain's back

Ugh, my hip's starting to hurt me again. Back in August, I was having a lot of trouble with my right hip. I've experienced the pain before and ran through it for a few weeks. Eventually it got so bad, I was limping! I even went on a couple runs where I had to stop after a half mile or so because I was crying the pain was so bad. After a trip to a sports medicine orthopedist, I found out I had tendonitis in my hip. He recommended cutting back on miles, but warned that if I stopped completely I wouldn't log enough miles for the marathon. I did as prescribed and my hip improved. I've been pretty ginger with it since, always dedicating some time during stretching to that area and avoiding running around with the dog in flip flops and other activities that could exacerbate the injury. It still plagues me from time to time, but this past week it's been even worse. I ran on Tuesday morning and it bugged me the entire run. Yesterday it was a dull pain, but consistent. I'm a little nervous about running tonight. I was planning another 10k reservoir run, but I'm thinking about scaling back to a 5k. I have my first 18 miler this weekend and want to be in top shape. We'll see how tonight goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home